On Friday, September 27, the great and good of ELT will gather in the city of Łódź in Poland for the 2013 IATEFL Conference.
There’s a gaggle of distinguished keynote speakers, including:
- Luke Prodromou (Idioms: in the world, in the classroom)
- Jamie Keddie (Video cameras in the hands of learners; Storytelling)
- Bethany Cagnol (Go freelance; Incorporating life skills in the classroom)
- Hugh Dellar (Teaching grammar lexically; Bringing literature to life)
- Pete Sharma (M-learning; Managing new technology in education)
- Grzegorz Śpiewak (Language all inclusive – Towards fluent beginners)
- Mike Harrison (Finding, making and using sound FX in the classroom)
- Geoff Tranter (Using humour to develop language skills)
Some of the above will also be presenting the famous live lessons for teachers, which have gone down a storm in previous conferences. Bethany’s Cagnol’s An American Zoo Scandal looks like an absolute must see
However, it’s not just about going to see the ‘rock stars of TEFL’. There’s plenty of other contributors from Poland and around the world who are offering some fascinating talks.
There’ll also be a ‘Hotseating‘ where an ELT star will be put on the spot and forced to answer a barrage of methodological guest. The occupant of the hotseat remains a mystery so far.. you’ll just have to show up to find out!
I’ll be attending in person and hopefully will get the chance to write up some of my impressions on this blog as the conference unfolds.
Here’s a great summary of what’s on offer from Peter Whiley, the IATEFL Poland press officer:
The conference program containing details of all the scheduled talks is available here: Łódź 2013 Program
Hope to see you there!